Monday, August 6, 2012

Time to cast the vote for your BAT 30 favorites...


Voting ends at 01:29 hrs (IST) on AUGUST 13, 2012. Remember, that means time stamp of your comment can be at most 01:29 and not 01:30.

The curtain closes on a successful edition of Blog-a-ton, the 30th one. The number of entrants this time was 36, which is damn good. Thank you all!

We had 36 blog-a-tonics enter within the stipulated time. All 36 Blog-a-Tonics are eligible for voting. So feel free to vote for your B-A-T 30 Favorites.

Click here to check the fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this edition of Blog-a-Ton along with the direct links to their posts.

Three Cheers for all the Blog-a-Tonics.
Please follow the following rules while voting.

1. ONLY THOSE BLOG-A-TONICS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR VOTING (i.e., Contesting for votes and voting for others) WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THIS EVENT WITHIN THE STIPULATED TIME.

2. Since this is a special edition, you can cast upto 5 votes or cheers as we call them, and of course you can not vote for yourself. In short, you are allowed to vote for one, two, three, four or five entries. All your votes will carry the same weightage.

3.  Your Voting Comment should start as follows:


I vote for -  1. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = BLOGATONIC NAME-POST TITLE 2. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = BLOGATONIC NAME-POST TITLE 3. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = BLOGATONIC NAME-POST TITLE
Code:

I participated - <a href="YOUR POST LINK">YOUR POST LINK</a>
I vote for - 1. NAME OF THE FIRST BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a> 2. NAME OF THE SECOND BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST TITLE">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a> 3. NAME OF THE THIRD BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a> 4. NAME OF THE FOURTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a> 5. NAME OF THE FIFTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>

There is some specific logic behind the above code. So please fill the parameters highlighted in red as mentioned in the code only.

Remove the extra code in case you are voting for less than five entries.

3. While voting for a Blog-a-Tonic, use his/her name as provided by him/her in his/her participation entry and not his/her profile name.

4.  Post your vote in the comments section of this post.

5. All your votes should be posted in a single comment. So, take your time - go through all posts - only then decide your one or two or three or four or five winning entries. In case you vote separately, only the first comment will be taken into consideration.

Now coming to the other rules:
  • Voting ends at  01:30AM (IST) on  MONDAY, August 13, 2012.
  • I have started moderating the comments and won’t display the voting comments till the end of this process to keep the result secret till its conclusion.
  • After the voting code mentioned above, you may also add the reason, why you voted for a particular post to help others know what you expect as a reader. Moreover, you may also mention the other posts that you liked though you can vote for just one of them. 
  • A THOUGHT: Be it Elections or Blog-a-Tonic, it is your duty to vote, because you have the power to select the winner, so please DO NOT WASTE YOUR VOTE.

The Votes will be discarded without any prior warning in case they are not sufficiently compatible with the rules.

A Reminder - Have your number of participations reached 10??? Then you are eligible to be included into the List of Veteran Blog-a-Tonics.  Just drop a mail to "marshal@blogaton.in" and "pendownmythought@gmail.com" with the links to all your posts (or simply label all your BAT entries and send Marshal that single link).


Remember, the time stamp of your comment can be at most 01:29 on AUGUST 13, 2012 and not 01:30 on August 13th.  

Let the best entries win this edition..!
Poetically Yours,
Co-Marshal,
Someone is Special

23 comments:

  1. I participated Menachery - * The End *

    I vote for –

    1. Apala Sengupta - The Tale of an Indian Mother ( For a mesmerizing Meera )
    2. Binzy - Labyrinth of a question (55 words) (For saying so much in such Few Words)
    3. C. Suresh - Yesterdays and Tomorrows (For giving the silhouettes a name and a story )
    4. Panchali Sengupta - Nemo (For the amazing relation between Nemo and his Mentor)
    5. Manasa Manduva - A Walk To Remember (I Loved your Poem to bits) and Leo - A story, in a story, in a... (For the effortless and awesome narrative)

    Certain other Posts that I loved reading were the Kappu - The Butterfly Brooch, and MUTHU KUMAR.A - SAVING THE SUN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated - Rediscovering my insanity - Sea
    I vote for - 1. C. Suresh; his/her postlink = Yesterdays and Tomorrows 2. Menachery; his/her postlink = The End 3. Sapna, Just another wake up call; his/her postlink = If you were god?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I participated - Yesterday and Tomorrows
    I vote for - 1. Menachery; his/her postlink = The End 2. Leo; his/her postlink = A story, in a story, in a... 3. Kappu; his/her postlink = The Butterfly Brooch 4. just another wake up call; his/her postlink = If you were God 5. Deepa ; his/her postlink = Karma or a stroke of luck?

    I also liked - 1. aativas; his/her postlink = 177. Shadow 2. jaish_vats; his/her postlink = Meeting Place 3. Apala Sengupta; his/her postlink = The Tale of an Indian Mother

    The choice was too difficult and even after making the choices I am still second-guessing myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, Deepa, participated - Karma or a stroke of luck?
    I vote for -
    1. MUTHU KUMAR.A; his/her postlink = SAVING THE SUN
    2. Leo; his/her postlink = A story, in a story, in a…
    3. Jayashree Srivatsan(jaishvats); his/her postlink = Meeting Place
    4. Apala Sengupta; his/her postlink = The Tale of an Indian Mother
    5. Sapna; his/her postlink = Just another wake up call - If you were god?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I participated - Jayashree Srivatsan(jaishvats)- Meeting Place
    I vote for - 1. C.Suresh; his/her postlink = C. Suresh - Yesterdays and Tomorrows 2. Panchali Sengupta; his/her postlink = Panchali Sengupta - Nemo 3. Deepa Duraisamy; his/her postlink = Deepa Duraisamy - Karma or a stroke of luck? 4. VITTHAL PATIL; his/her postlink = VITTHAL PATIL - ROOTS 5. Apala Sengupta; his/her postlink = Apala Sengupta - The Tale of an Indian Mother

    ReplyDelete
  6. I participated - Apala - The Tale of an Indian Mother

    I vote for -

    1. Leo - A story, in a story, in a…

    2. C. Suresh - Yesterdays and Tomorrows

    3. Kappu - The Butterfly Brooch

    4. InsanityPersonified - Sea

    5. Binzy - Labyrinth of a question (55 words)

    It was a tough decision.... i liked many many more :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I participated - Neha's Journal - A perfect sun-set
    I vote for - 1. Menachery; her post = The End
    2. Kappu; her post = The Butterfly Brooch
    3. Pavil; his post = Roots
    4. aativas; her post = 177.Shadows
    5. Kishtiji; his post = Don't care

    It was nice to read all the entries. And tough choices were made above :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I participated - NISHANT SONAVANE (Words I Feel) - The Beach

    I vote for -
    1. FIRST BLOGATONIC I VOTE FOR = Elegant Clouds - CHIAROSCURO OF LIFE
    2. SECOND BLOGATONIC I VOTE FOR = Manasa-Aham Vritti - A Walk To Remember
    3. THIRD BLOGATONIC I VOTE FOR = Viva_Andya - The Sun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I participated - http://sapphire200.blogspot.in/2012/08/nightfall-mystery.html
    I vote for - 1. Kshitij; his postlink = Don't Care
    2. Kristen Haskell; her postlink = Indian Orange

    I liked Kshitij's post because it is a wonderful rhyming poem.
    I liked Kristen's because she described the colour really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I participated - www.deardiaryandblahblah.blogspot.in/2012/08/haridwar-in-31-status-updates.html

    I vote for - 1. LEO; www.artofleo.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/blog-a-ton-30/ = a story in a story

    2. Muthu kumar. a; www.average-everyday.blogspot.in/2012/08/saving-sun-short-story.html saving the sun

    ( this time i was lacking a bit time and had to skim read most of the posts, for which i am extremely sorry. i wanted to post, and would not consider myself eligible unless i read all. and since there were a lot entries this time, i could not re-read it to shortlist best five among them.

    so that's why the only two which i vote for are of leos and muthus. the idea of a story within a story always appeals me, and Muthus entry was what which really touched me. the innocence of the child and all i just loved it.

    as for others- there were more poems this time, and i generally read and like those poems which rhyme like abab or aabb, and have a lot of repetition - that's a personal taste.

    and as for romances and sad stories- again (my bad) i seldom prefer them.

    so it's not you who couldn't earn my vote but me myself was not capable to enjoy 'em.

    and CRDs post was also cool. just a suggestion, if he would have added in a comical manner of how every character wanted to go home urgently, but didn't dared to ask as everyone was waiting for someone else to say let's go home. would have been more of a satire but. yeah!!

    thank you
    (and don't mind me saying this all, i just say without realising other things:P )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I participated - YOUR POST LINK

    I vote for - 1. Suresh; his/her postlink = his/her postlink (BANG ON, Sir!)

    2. Simran; his/her postlink = his/her postlink (for the lovely attempt at Shadorma)

    3. Menachery; his/her postlink = his/her postlink

    4. Panchali; his/her postlink = his/her postlink (exceptionally great writing, no frills attached!)

    5. CRD; his/her postlink = his/her postlink (for the spirit!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I participated - तुम शाम बिताने आजाना

    I vote for - 1. C. Suresh; his/her postlink = Yesterdays and Tomorrows
    2. Someoneisspecial; his/her postlink = Shades of Life 3. dreamer; his/her postlink = Shades of Orange 4.Panchali Sengupta; his/her postlink = Nemo
    5. Leo; his/her postlink = A story, in a story, in a…

    ReplyDelete
  13. I participated - http://panchalibolchi.blogspot.in/2012/08/nemo.html
    I vote for - 1. NAME OF THE FIRST BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = http://average-everyday.blogspot.in/2012/08/saving-sun-short-story.html 2. NAME OF THE SECOND BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = http://grafitti-on-my-wall.blogspot.in/2012/08/short-story-butterfly-brooch.html 3. NAME OF THE THIRD BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = http://jaishwrites.blogspot.sg/2012/08/meeting-place.html 4. NAME OF THE FOURTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = http://sameoldnewstuff.blogspot.in/2012/08/end.html 5. NAME OF THE FIFTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = http://manasa-ahamvritti.blogspot.in/2012/08/a-walk-to-remember.html

    I thoroughly enjoyed reading the above blogs. Hence, I guess, they deserve my vote! I want a few more votes actually ...there were so many stunning entries this time!! Thanks..and if I could vote for one more. I would go for

    Srikanth --http://bhavsri.blogspot.in/2012/08/that-old-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. With so many wonderful entries this time, I did find 5 votes also to be a little less, but then again, too many votes wouldn't be right, right? :)

    Before I give a final vote comment, I thought I'd commend each BATonic's posts, like SiS had last time.

    1. Nishant: Lovely poem on the beach.. :) Was very effective in bringing out some images in words.

    2. Scorpio: Very interesting story. Being 10 and already thinking of characters and plots and blogging... Good luck to you, dear.

    3. Simran: Dearo, that was a lovely thought to your 55 fiction :) I enjoyed it.

    4. Menachery: Haunting story.. a love that goes past murder is certainly divine.

    5. Muthu: The love btwn daughter and father is something that's beautiful and you brought it out in that beauty. Kudos.

    6. Panchali ji: What an innocent characterization :) The name, and plot, beautifully thought out.

    7. Karan: Simple & sweet poetry.

    8. Yatin: Creative (I suppose you'd have got tired hearing the word now ;) )

    9. Kristen: What a thought to name the hue :) Loved it.

    10. Viva: Nature does inspire.. :) You proved it.

    11. Binzy: Powerful, as a 55fic should be.

    12. Clouds: Lively, and loved the title too.

    13. TF: 2-in-one, job done ;) innovative!

    14. Jaish: serendipity :) that was nice.

    15. Anisha: complex poetry :D

    16. Manasa: beautiful poetry :) liked it.

    17. Tanaya: simple, beautiful poetry.

    18. Sapna: questioning post, that leaves one thinking!

    19. I.P.: wonderful verses!

    20. Srikanth: good characterization & moral.

    21. CRD: humorous :) liked it.

    22. Neha: lovely ending, gives a smile.

    23. Ranii: sad post, but then again, life is too.

    24. Deepa: immaculate presentation of a happy chance.

    25. Kshitij: intrigued by the rhyme, I am for sure!

    26. SiS: mix of 55s works :)

    27. Sunil: flawless flash fiction! :)

    28. Apala: liked it, not ur best work tho!

    29. Ashezzes: That challenged my vocab 4 sure! :)

    ------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  15. I participated - A Walk TO Remember
    I vote for - 1. SIMRAN KAUR; his/her postlink = Life's Crux-Had and Lost 2. MENACHRY; his/her postlink = The End 3. MUTHU; his/her postlink = Saving The Sun 4. VIVA_ANDHYA; his/her postlink = THE SUN 5. ASTROSUNILNOMY; his/her postlink = One Fine Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. I participated -http://thistimethattime.blogspot.in/2012/08/177-shadow.html

    I vote for:
    1. C. Suresh -http://jambudweepam.blogspot.in/2012/08/yesterdays-and-tomorrows.html
    2. Shashiprakash Saini -http://shashikekavita.blogspot.in/2012/08/tum-shaam-bitane-aajana.html#.UB1zA7TkBQk
    3. jaish_vats -http://jaishwrites.blogspot.sg/2012/08/meeting-place.html
    4. just another wake up call -http://justanotherwakeupcall.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/if-you-were-god/
    5. Pavil - http://scribbles-vp.blogspot.in/2012/08/roots.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I participated - THE GREAT HOLD UP
    I vote for - 1. C. SURESH; his/her postlink = Yesterdays and Tomorrows 2. Manasa Manduva; his/her postlink = A Walk To Remember 3. Ashzzes; his/her postlink = In the Journey of Waves

    ReplyDelete
  18. I participated - Labyrinth of a question
    I vote for - 1. Simran Kaur; his/her postlink = Lifes crux had and lost 2. The Fool; his/her postlink = In hot conscious 3. Astrosunilnomy; his/her postlink = one fine day 4.Leo; his/her postlink = A story in a story 5. someone is special; his/her postlink = shades of life

    ReplyDelete
  19. I participated - Don't Care

    I vote for -

    1. Muthu Kumar A; his/her postlink = Saving the Sun

    2. Shashiprakash Saini; his/her postlink = Tum Shaam Bitane Aa Jana (Hindi)

    I tried my best to read all the posts... but couldn't. Want to apologize to Sapna (just another...), Neha's Journal (a perfect...), Deepa Duraisamy, and The tale of an Indian mother.... could not read your posts. Very sorry. I still have time but the state of mind is completely gone.

    Also - some of the ones I loved and want to mention here are Leo, Srikanth, Simran, menachery, Kappu, nishant, and Rediscovering my insanity.

    Had great fun. Thanks everyone :)

    ReplyDelete