Monday, October 8, 2012

It's voting time - What's the best untold story told?

Voting ends at 22:30 hrs (IST) on OCTOBER 19, 2012. Remember, that means time stamp of your comment can be at most 22:29 and not 22:30.

The curtain closes on a wonderful edition of Blog-a-ton, the 32nd one. The number of entrants this time is 50, which is half the count of the dream number 100, and after 16 editions, we have 50 or more participated in a Blog-a-Ton edition and this has happened six times before. I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for participating! Do comeback and vote for the entries worth winning!

We had 50 blog-a-tonics enter in this edition and 48 within the stipulated time. Only those 48 Blog-a-Tonics are eligible for voting. So feel free to vote for your B-A-T 32 Favorites.

Click here to check the fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this edition of Blog-a-Ton along with the direct links to their posts.

Three Cheers to all the Blog-a-Tonics.
Please follow the following rules while voting.

1. ONLY THOSE BLOG-A-TONICS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR VOTING (i.e., Contesting for votes and voting for others) WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THIS EVENT WITHIN THE STIPULATED TIME.

2. SEEING THE POSITIVE RESPONSE FOR THE INCREASE IN NUMBER OF VOTES IN THE LAST TWO EDITIONS, I'D LIKE TO IMPLEMENT THE SAME IDEA OF FIVE VOTES IN THIS EDITION AS WELL, AND HENCEFORTH NUMBER OF VOTES DEPENDS ON TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRANTS. In this edition, you can cast upto 5 votes or cheers as we call them, and of course you can not vote for yourself. In short, you are allowed to vote for one, two, three, four or five entries. All your votes will carry the same weightage.

3.  Your Voting Comment should start as follows:



Eg: I participated - Ayushi - An Untold Story

I vote for -  1. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE 2. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE 3. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE4. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE5. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE
Code:

I participated - <a href="YOUR POST LINK">YOUR POST TITLE</a>
I vote for - 1. NAME OF THE FIRST BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>
2. NAME OF THE SECOND BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST TITLE">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>
3. NAME OF THE THIRD BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>
4. NAME OF THE FOURTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>
5. NAME OF THE FIFTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>

There is some specific logic behind the above code. So please fill the parameters highlighted in red as mentioned in the code only.

Remove the extra code in case you are voting for less than five entries.

3. While voting for a Blog-a-Tonic, use his/her name as provided by him/her in his/her participation entry and not his/her profile name.

4.  Post your vote in the comments section of this post.

5. All your votes should be posted in a single comment. So, take your time - go through all posts - only then decide your one or two or three or four or five winning entries. In case you vote separately, only the first comment will be taken into consideration.

Now coming to the other rules:
  • Voting ends at  22:30 (IST) on  FRIDAY, October 19, 2012.
  • I have started moderating the comments and won’t display the voting comments till the end of this process to keep the result secret till its conclusion.
  • After the voting code mentioned above, you may also add the reason, why you voted for a particular post to help others know what you expect as a reader. Moreover, you may also mention the other posts that you liked though you can vote for just for three of them. 
  • A THOUGHT: Be it Elections or Blog-a-Ton, it is your duty to vote, because you have the power to select the winner, so please DO NOT WASTE YOUR VOTE.

The Votes will be discarded without any prior warning in case they are not sufficiently compatible with the rules.

A Reminder - Have your number of participations reached 10??? Then you are eligible to be included into the List of Veteran Blog-a-Tonics.  Just drop a mail to "marshal@blogaton.in" and "pendownmythought@gmail.com" with the links to all your posts (or simply label all your BAT entries and send Marshal that single link).


Remember, the time stamp of your comment can be at most 22:29 on October 19, 2012 and not 22:30 on October 19th.  

Let the best entries win this edition..!
Poetically Yours,
Co-Marshal,
Someone is Special

25 comments:

  1. I, Deepa Duraisamy, participated - In the blink of an eye
    I vote for - 1. Apala Sengupta; his/her postlink = The Swan and the Blue Lotus
    2. Karan Shah; his/her postlink = My Untold Story
    3. Rinaya; his/her postlink = An Untold Story
    4. Mahesh Kalaal; his/her postlink = An Untold Story - Drabble
    5. Megha; his/her postlink = An Untold Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Pl check this post and let me know if the criteria of using "An untold story" is met here or not-

    http://quillandquiver.wordpress.com/2012/10/07/an-untold-story/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I participated - An Untold Story
    I vote for - 1. Khshitji ; his/her postlink =
    2.TTT; his/her postlink =
    3.Arjun MS ; his/her postlink =
    4. Ekta Khetan ; his/her postlink =
    5. C. Suresh; his/her postlink =

    ReplyDelete
  4. I participated - And he gave up
    I vote for - 1. Tom Thomas ; his postlink = Blogger ehind Bars
    2. The solitary writer; his postlink = An untold story
    3.Chips from a life; his/her postlink = An untold story
    4. Aditi Pathak; his/her postlink = an untold story
    5. Arjun Ms; his/her postlink = An untold story

    ReplyDelete
  5. I participated - http://panchalibolchi.blogspot.in/2012/10/journey-of-my-mind.html
    I vote for - 1. insightintomylife; his/her postlink = insightinto-mylife.blogspot.in/2012/10/an-untold-story.html
    2. NAME OF THE SECOND BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; tomatotwist = http://tomatotwist.blogspot.in/2012/10/an-untold-story.html
    3. NAME OF THE THIRD BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = http://deepa-duraisamy.blogspot.in/2012/10/in-blink-of-eye.html
    4. NAME OF THE FOURTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = http://odizzey.wordpress.com/2012/10/07/an-untold-story
    5. NAME OF THE FIFTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = http://myfriendshipsimran.blogspot.in/2012/10/an-untold-story.html

    If I'm allowed one more...(In fact, I need three more..)

    http://a-blob-of-ink.blogspot.in/2012/10/the-swan-and-blue-lotus.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I participated - ARJUN MS- An Untold Story

    I vote for - 1. Megha; his/her postlink = An Untold Story

    2. The Mumbai Madrasi; his/her postlink = AND he gave up

    3. Andya ; his/her postlink = Story of an Untold Story

    4. Sid; his/her postlink = The Silence of the fallen

    5. ASTERIA; his/her postlink = An untold story.

    Special mentions :Kappu,Amit- The frivolous analyser,Rinaya,Ekta Khetan,aativas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I participated - Cindrella- An Untold Story

    I vote for - 1. Quills & Quiver; his/her postlink = AN UNTOLD STORY

    2. Tom Thomas; http://www.vanitymoments.com/2012/10/blogger-behind-bars.html = An Untold Story

    4. Muthu; his/her postlink = Rest in Peace - A short story

    5. Ash Sharma; http://fromtheoblivion.blogspot.in/2012/10/an-untold-story.html = An Untold Story

    ReplyDelete
  8. I participated - AN UNTOLD STORY

    I vote for - 1. Ekta Khetan; his/her postlink = Cindrella- An Untold Story

    2. Tom Thomas; his/her postlink = Blogger Behind Bars

    3. Apala; his/her postlink = The Swan and the Blue Lotus

    4. Arjun MS; his/her postlink = An Untold Story

    5. The Solitary Writer; the solitary writer - An Untold Story

    ReplyDelete
  9. I participated - 182. Khan Market

    I vote for:
    1. Kappu : http://grafitti-on-my-wall.blogspot.in/2012/10/an-untold-story-palikaranai-protection_7.html
    2. TTT: http://tomatotwist.blogspot.in/2012/10/an-untold-story.html
    3. unknownshri: http://wp.me/p2L81i-2K
    4. Megha - Candid Girl: http://insightinto-mylife.blogspot.in/2012/10/an-untold-story.html
    5. numerounity:Ekta Khetan: http://ektakhetan.blogspot.in/2012/10/cindrella-untold-story.html

    I also liked posts of Deepa (the first in the list!), C. Suresh, Mahesh Kalal, Panchali, Jaish-vats, Arjun and Leo. So, my job to chose five posts was very difficult - as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I participated -An Untold Answer
    I vote for - 1. Anisha;her postlink = Beauty on an empty page
    2. Ash Sharma;her postlink = An Untold Story
    3. Sid; his postlink = The Silence of The Falling
    4. Apala Sengupta; her postlink = The Swan and the blue lotus

    ReplyDelete
  11. I participated - UnknownShri - Animal, eh?
    I vote for
    1. Anisha; his/her postlink Beauty on an empty page. Even if one writes a zillion words, one can never capture the true essence of love. Thus, it always remains an untold story. Anisha captured that thought beautifully
    2. i_duft; his/her postlink Queer but true
    3. Vikas Khair; his/her postlink The Other Man
    4. Dr. Mandeep Khanuja; his/her postlink I too have a story to tell
    5. Sapna; his/her postlink Family Secrets - An Untold Story

    ReplyDelete
  12. I participated - An untold story
    I vote for - 1. Deepa D.; his/her postlink = iN THE BLINK OF AN EYE
    2. aativas; his/her postlink = 182.Khan market
    3. amit-the frivolous analyser; his/her postlink = The shitt analysis
    4. oddyz; his/her postlink = An untold story
    5. Leo; his/her postlink = An untold story

    ReplyDelete
  13. I participated - Indian Independence - The Untold Story
    I vote for - 1. Deepa Duraisamy; his/her postlink = In the blink of an eye
    2. Jayashree Srivatsan; his/her postlink = Glimpses
    3. Megha; his/her postlink = An Untold Story
    4. Arjun MS; his/her postlink = An Untold Story
    5. C. Suresh ; his/her postlink = An Untold Story

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Blog-A-Tonics... It was my first participation and am deeply in love with this place.. So firstly Thank you so much everyone for reading and admiring my untold story.. It is nearly impossible to select any 5 to vote..So I am voting for the 5,about which I can't stop thinking from the day I read them.. and they are:

    I participated - An Untold Story
    I vote for -
    1. odyzz; his postlink = AN UNTOLD STORY
    2. jaish_vats; her postlink = Glimpses
    3. Simran ; her postlink = An untold story
    5. Megha; her postlink = An Untold Story

    All the very best to one and all.. Long Live Blog-A-Ton

    ReplyDelete
  15. I participated - An Untold Story
    I vote for - 1. TTT; his/her postlink = An Untold Story
    2. Apala Sengupta; his/her postlink = The Swan and the Blue Lotus
    3. ARJUN MS; his/her postlink = An Untold Story
    4. Sapna; his/her postlink = Family Secrets-An Untold Story
    5. Deepa Duraisamy; his/her postlink = In the Blink of an Eye

    If I could vote for more than 5 then I would have furthered given up a "Cheer" for I duft's "Queer but True, Unknownsri's "Animals 'eh", Kshitij's "An Untold Story", Ayushi's "An Untold Story", Rajrupa's "From Rags to modest living" Jayashree's "Glimpses", Panchali's "The Journey of mind" (was one of my favs), Muthu's "Rest in Peace" and many more..whose characters I remember clearly....to be really honest I haven't been an avid reader but within last few 10 days I have read so many stories..I don't remember people but I remember their stories..I got to learn 55 Fiction, Drabble.. I am so glad I came across here and I wish to include all the entries I have read..I liked all of them for some or the other reason.. :) I thoroughly enjoyed reading your works and I have followed a lot of your Blogs..I will try to keep in touch and I am thankful to all of you who dropped by my space and left remarks which helped me improve :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I participated - Queer but True
    I vote for - 1. C.S.Suresh; his/her postlink = An Untold Story
    2. unknownshri; his/her postlink = animals, eh?
    3. Megha Malik; his/her postlink = An Untold Story
    4. Kshitij; his/her postlink = An Untold Story
    5. Deepa; his/her postlink = In the blink of an eye

    ReplyDelete
  17. I took part.

    My post: http://artofleo.wordpress.com/2012/10/07/an-untold-story

    I'd like to begin with an apology, for not placing comments anywhere. I've only managed to read all the entries over the last night, headache and all. A lot of fine entries to choose from, as always, but I've decided to go for the following five. Requesting Marshal SiS to consider my health at this present juncture as I'm just placing the link and not the HTML tagged etc.

    1. C. Suresh: http://jambudweepam.blogspot.in/2012/10/an-untold-story.html

    I can relate to this. That feeling of not being heard, be it an untold, or sometimes even told story.

    2. Deepa Duraiswamy: http://deepa-duraisamy.blogspot.in/2012/10/in-blink-of-eye.html

    I like the descriptiveness of the story, scenes and dialogue, and a sense of reality that haunts.

    3. The Dreamer (Tanaya Nath): http://tanayanath.blogspot.in/2012/10/when-time-stood-still.html

    The thoughts to self, the expressions of surprise, and a longing, yet the story going untold... Loved it.

    4. Apala Sengupta: http://a-blob-of-ink.blogspot.in/2012/10/the-swan-and-blue-lotus.html

    Imagery, philosophy, food for thought, woven delicately yet strongly. Brilliant.

    5. The Mumbai Madrasi: http://revathipillai.blogspot.in/2012/10/and-he-gave-up.html

    55 fiction is hard to pull off at times, yet hers was an untold story many would have felt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I participated - Tomz - Blogger Behind Bars
    I vote for - 1. The Mumbai Madrasi; her postlink = And he gave up
    2. The Solitary Writer; his postlink = An Untold Story
    3. Ekta Khetan; her postlink = Cindrella - An Untold Story
    4. Quill & Quiver; his postlink = An Untold Story

    ReplyDelete
  19. Although I am not allowed to vote,I felt good to make it as The Special 50th participant. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. participated.

    My Blog-a-ton Entry: http://a-blob-of-ink.blogspot.in/ 2012/10/the-swan-and-blue-lotus.html

    My votes for:

    1. Siddesh Kabe: http://www.sidoscope.co.in/2012/10/ the-silence-of-fallen.html 2. Leo: http://wp.me/p11nRA-1V7 3. Viva_Andya: http://aniruuud.blogspot.in/2012/10/ this-post-has-been-publishedby-me-as.html 4. Panchali: http://panchalibolchi.blogspot.in/2012/10/ journey-of-my-mind.html 5. Deepa Duraiswamy: http://deepa-duraisamy. blogspot.in/2012/10/in-blink-of-eye.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I participated - Jayashree Srivatsan(jaishvats) - Glimpses
    I vote for - 1. unknownshri; his/her postlink = UnknownShri - Animals, eh?
    2. Amit-The Frivolous Analyser; his/her postlink = Amit-The Frivolous Analyser - Indian Independence - The Untold and Suppressed Story
    3. Andya; his/her postlink = Andya - Story of an Untold Story
    4. Apala Sengupta; his/her postlink = Apala Sengupta - The Swan and the Blue Lotus
    5. Rinaya; his/her postlink = Rinaya - An Untold Story


    Other posts that liked a lot - Panchali - Journey Of My Mind ,i_duft - Queer but True! , Candid Girl - An Untold Story , ASTERIA - AN UNTOLD STORY, ARJUN MS- An Untold Story , Kshitij - The Untold Story

    ReplyDelete