Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Blog-a-ton 38, Topic Suggestion/Voting Time!

DATE OF BLOG-A-TON 38 : SUNDAY, 7th APRIL 2013!

TOPIC DECLARATION:
WEDNESDAY 27th MARCH 2013, 09:00 AM IST
.


Hello to all new people coming by, welcome back to the old hands returning to Blog-a-ton. I’m Leo, and I’m one of the marshals here.

Well, time is ticking along, and we move to our 38th Blog-a-ton edition, which will be on April 7th, 2013. Looking forward to seeing the old hands back to writing, and new ones joining in.





The way we usually go about on Blog-a-ton is that we have a call for topics (a 3-8 word phrase) and then by voting, we decide on one of the topics as the topic for the month. After that, we give you a week’s time to write your post incorporating the decided phrase in it. Then, on the first Sunday of the succeeding month, you will publish the post on your blog, with our preset header and footer and come to Blog-a-ton and link your post in a comment.

It’s a one-day event each month, and our aim is to get 100 participants in one edition. The week after the Blog-a-ton day will be for voting for 5 of your favorite blog-a-tonics from the edition.





Well, last time's secret ballot went well, and we had a close voting than a runaway winner! Before co-marshal Saravana takes over again in May, I've decided to continue the change from March edition into the coming edition as well. So what is going to happen this time is that the secret ballot continues.

What you have to do is suggest the topics. Moderation is enabled, and I'll select the first eleven topics that come. And we begin voting on that. If I find any topic to be inappropriate, or similar to that of a previous edition, that'll not come into the voting list.

We are having 7 choices of topic up for voting.

  1. Take a rain check
  2. The woman on platform 10
  3. The hand that rocks the cradle
  4. Every night is followed by a day
  5. Brothers in arms
  6. The explosion blinded her eyes
  7. An eye for an eye


  • You can vote for any one topic.
  • If you wish to change your vote later and support another topic, you can do so during the voting time-frame. But you are allowed only one change-of-vote. I’ll consider only the second vote in that instance.




  • The voting period is from 22nd March 2013, Wednesday to 27th March 2013, Wednesday 08:59 AM IST.
  • The topic that gets the majority votes will be announced on 27th MARCH 2013, Wednesday as the Blog-a-ton 37 topic. In case two or more topics are tied at the end of voting, my vote as Marshal vote will decide. This time, we are giving you 10 days to write your post.
  • The Date for Blog-a-ton 38 is APRIL 07, 2013 SUNDAY from 12AM to 11:59PM.



Looking forward to a wonderful Blog-a-ton once again…

Poetically Yours,
Co-Marshal,

38 comments:

  1. the music album i rate 10 on 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yatin, music is a personal choice. You can write on it, but you can't compete with it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Leo,

    I tender the topic "Every Night is followed by a Day".

    Let's see how many enjoy this.

    Happy Blogging,

    Aditya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am beware to blog a thon and I hope this us the place to cast your vote.My suggestion for the topic is The hand that rocks the cradle.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. topic suggestion for 38th Blog-a-ton edition

    " the woman on platform number 10"

    ReplyDelete
  5. My proposal for BAT38 : An eye for an eye

    ReplyDelete
  6. My vote is for " An eye for an eye"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for #3. The hand that rocks the cradle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. being a travel freak i would like to vote for topic 2

    The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The woman on platform 10" my choice of phrase/topic for next BAT

    ReplyDelete
  10. The woman on platform 10 - my first BAT vote for choice of topic

    ReplyDelete
  11. The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being a frequent traveller by train i go for

    'The woman on platform 10'

    ReplyDelete
  13. my vote goes for a travelling based topic

    "The woman on platform 10"

    ReplyDelete
  14. my first vote for BAT participation topic

    'The woman on platform 10'

    ReplyDelete
  15. where do i add my vote? i vote fro number 7

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote for 'The Woman on Platform 10'

    ReplyDelete
  17. The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete
  18. my vote The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete
  19. excited for take part in next bat, my choice is

    The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete
  20. it has to be my fav travel related topic for BAT

    The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete
  21. 2nd bat topic voting time for me, it is

    The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete
  22. I vote for ' Every night is followed by a day"

    ReplyDelete
  23. I vote for 'The Woman on Platform 10'

    ReplyDelete
  24. my choice for BAT - The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete
  25. The woman on platform 10

    ReplyDelete