Monday, December 3, 2012

...in search of best insane story! Are you ready? Vote!

Voting ends at 22:30 hrs (IST) on DECEMBER 10, 2012. Remember, that means time stamp of your comment can be at most 22:29 and not 22:30.

The curtain closes on a wonderful edition of Blog-a-ton, the 34th one. The number of entrants this time is 30. I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for participating! Do comeback and vote for the entries worth winning!

We had 30 blog-a-tonics enter in this edition, 30 within the stipulated time. Only those 30 Blog-a-Tonics are eligible for voting. So feel free to vote for your B-A-T 34 Favorites.

Click here to check the fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this edition of Blog-a-Ton along with the direct links to their posts.

Three Cheers to all the Blog-a-Tonics.
Please follow the following rules while voting.

1. ONLY THOSE BLOG-A-TONICS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR VOTING (i.e., Contesting for votes and voting for others) WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THIS EVENT WITHIN THE STIPULATED TIME.

2. SEEING THE POSITIVE RESPONSE FOR THE INCREASE IN NUMBER OF VOTES IN THE LAST THREE EDITIONS, I'D LIKE TO IMPLEMENT THE SAME IDEA OF FIVE VOTES IN THIS EDITION AS WELL, AND HENCEFORTH NUMBER OF VOTES DEPENDS ON TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRANTS. In this edition, you can cast upto 5 votes or cheers as we call them, and of course you can not vote for yourself. In short, you are allowed to vote for one, two, three, four or five entries. All your votes will carry the same weightage.

3.  Your Voting Comment should start as follows:



Eg: I participated - Megha Haware - Odyssey

I vote for -  1. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE 2. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE 3. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE4. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE5. BLOGATONIC NAME; his/her post = POST TITLE
Code:

I participated - <a href="YOUR POST LINK">YOUR POST TITLE</a>
I vote for - 1. NAME OF THE FIRST BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>
2. NAME OF THE SECOND BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST TITLE">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>
3. NAME OF THE THIRD BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>
4. NAME OF THE FOURTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>
5. NAME OF THE FIFTH BLOGATONIC YOU VOTE FOR; his/her postlink = <a href="HIS/HER POST LINK">HIS/HER POST TITLE</a>

There is some specific logic behind the above code. So please fill the parameters highlighted in red as mentioned in the code only.

Remove the extra code in case you are voting for less than five entries.

3. While voting for a Blog-a-Tonic, use his/her name as provided by him/her in his/her participation entry and not his/her profile name.

4.  Post your vote in the comments section of this post.

5. All your votes should be posted in a single comment. So, take your time - go through all posts - only then decide your one or two or three or four or five winning entries. In case you vote separately, only the first comment will be taken into consideration.

Now coming to the other rules:
  • Voting ends at  22:30 (IST) on  MONDAY, December 10, 2012.
  • I have started moderating the comments and won’t display the voting comments till the end of this process to keep the result secret till its conclusion.
  • After the voting code mentioned above, you may also add the reason, why you voted for a particular post to help others know what you expect as a reader. Moreover, you may also mention the other posts that you liked though you can vote for just for three of them. 
  • A THOUGHT: Be it Elections or Blog-a-Ton, it is your duty to vote, because you have the power to select the winner, so please DO NOT WASTE YOUR VOTE.

The Votes will be discarded without any prior warning in case they are not sufficiently compatible with the rules.

A Reminder - Have your number of participations reached 10??? Then you are eligible to be included into the List of Veteran Blog-a-Tonics.  Just drop a mail to "marshal@blogaton.in" and "pendownmythought@gmail.com" with the links to all your posts (or simply label all your BAT entries and send Marshal that single link).


Remember, the time stamp of your comment can be at most 22:29 on December 10, 2012 and not 22:30 on December 10th.  

Let the best entries win this edition..!
Poetically Yours,
Co-Marshal,
Someone is Special

27 comments:

  1. I participated - from the diary of a nobody
    I vote for - 1. Panchali; his/her postlink = Retribution
    2. Tanaya nath; his/her postlink = too late
    3. Amit; his/her postlink = the imaginary divide
    4. harikrishna raghuram; his/her postlink = the clown and the cry
    5. Leo; his/her postlink = Kadhalar Kootam

    Panchali - Retribution :terrorism is definitely insanity, and it is so well expressed in her poem!
    thefactfiction -Too late... :old age that people consider to be insanity, forgetting that not very late they would be in that age too, emotions brought out beautifully..
    Amit : The Imaginary Divide :insane beliefs and people who would not hesitate to kill in the name of religion..
    Harikrishna Raghuraman - The clown and the cry! :spine chilling insanity with a bat for company!!
    Leo - Kadhalar Kootam :the insanity of love brought out beautifully in this story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated - The Lunatic Writer
    I vote for -
    1. Panchali Mam; her postlink = Retribution
    2. Maliny; her postlink = The Revival
    3. Leo; his postlink = Kadhalar-Kootam
    4. Harikrishna; his postlink = The Clown and the cry
    5. Meenakshi Malhotra; her postlink = Rituals of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I participated - The Clown and the Cry
    I vote for - 1. Leo; his/her postlink = Kadhalar Kootam
    2. Thefactfiction; his/her postlink = Too late...
    3. Amit; his/her postlink = The Imaginary Divide
    4. Prasanna Rao; his/her postlink = Love amid flames
    5. Chhavi Vatwani; his/her postlink = Insanity or Deepest Desire?

    ReplyDelete

  4. I participated - The REVIVAL


    I vote for - 1. Leo; his postlink = Kadhalar Kootam

    2. Megha Haware; her postlink = Odyssey

    3. Panchali; her postlink = Retribution

    4. Chhavi Vatwani; her postlink = Insanity OR Deepest Desire

    5. Prasanna Rao; her postlink = Love Amid Flames


    I am participating in BAT for the very first time . I hope i will be pardoned if my vote html doesnt come out properly :-/.

    I would like to specially mention the posts of sapna , harikrishna and puja . I couldnt vote for more than five but you guys too deserved it every bit . Good work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each time, with many entries worth giving a vote to, I find it difficult to vote, but that's part and parcel of a contest :)

    I, Leo, participated in Blog-a-ton. My post link: ~ Kadhalar Kootam ~

    Votes, in no particular order, for these five blog-a-tonics.

    1. ~ Maliny Mohan - The Revival ~
    Facing the past is difficult. Some might find going back to the past as insane, but I don't. I do it often. I could relate, and her narration made it easier to picture the story.

    2. ~ Aativas - Uncertainty ~
    Another post that reached out to me. To stick to values and to instinct is something that's good, but not seen so from others, society and even family. Its their ideas of our life, v/s our life. Insanity to them v/s sanity to us. I liked that.

    3. ~ Tanya Sehgal - The Lunatic Writer ~
    Every so often, my family says me to leave writing. This poem spoke of me, of what my dream was, my passion was, my life was. It was what I would have written, if I hadn't thought of another insanity.

    4. ~ Harikrishna - The Clown and The Cry ~
    Insanity in the actions of the protagonist, in his life story and in the ending. This fit the theme, and exuded insanity very well. The narration gave it that shivery effect too.

    5. ~ Tanaya - Too Late ~
    It's sad that we forget those people who have brought us up. It is even more sad that we remember them only after it is too late to, and we're left with nothing but regrets that we couldn't tell them that we do love them.

    Others I loved but couldn't vote for:

    1. Chhavi Vatwani: Choosing money over dreams is insanity, even more so when someone who loves us a lot supports the dream over money. The post brought that out nicely, albeit the ending was a very sad one.
    2. The Little Princess: Views from a terrorist's eyes. Not something we think of, as we see only the victim.
    3. Yatin Khurana: It could happen, this story. In this age of FB and Twitter and etc., this is very much possible. Possible insanity, yes of course.
    4. Amit - TFA: A story of friendship, love and deception. Very pacy narration.
    5. Dilip Patel: True to life insanity, I have seen such people as the protagonist of the story.
    6. Shashiprakash Saini: A beautiful Hindi poem with lots of depth in the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Leo ! Loved the way you expressed your opinion about the post :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Leo!! :) I think our discussion about this is never ending.

      Delete
    3. I am thrilled that you voted for me Sir. Thanks so much! The vote itself made me a winner. :) Take care!

      Delete
  6. I have read each and every post thrice to arrive at these nominations. There are many entries that I really liked but couldn't include because of the limit of five nominations.
    I participated - Rituals or Love
    I vote for - 1. Sapna; his/her postlink = A Little Insanity To Keep My Baby!
    2. Amit; his/her postlink = The Imaginary Divide
    3. Harikrishna; his/her postlink = The Clown and The Cry
    4. Panchali; his/her postlink = Retribution
    tAnd he Most insane post 5. Yatin Khurana; his/her postlink = Another Social Network

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here goes mine.

    I participated - STAGE FEAR

    I vote for - 1. thefactfiction; his/her postlink = Too late...

    2. Shashiprakash Saini; his/her postlink = हां मै दीवाना रहू
    3. Sapna,Just Another Wake Up Call; his/her postlink = A Little Insanity To Keep My Baby!
    4. Prasanna Rao; his/her postlink = Love Amid Flames
    5. Meenakshi Malhotra; his/her postlink = Rituals or Love

    If there was an option for a 6th vote, it would be this -
    Rohan Kachalia; his/her postlink = Of-Course I'm insane too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Neeta. Appreciate the thumbs up!

      Delete
  8. I participated - Retribution
    I vote for - 1. Maliny; his/her postlink = The Revival
    2. Amit; his/her postlink = The Imaginary Divide
    3. Harikrishna; his/her postlink = The Clown and Cry
    4. Chavvi Vivatwani; his/her postlink = The Deepest Desire
    5. Tanya Sehgal; his/her postlink = The Lunatic Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big congratulations to you Mam. A moment of delight,that you voted for me. Thanks a ton !! :)

      Delete
  9. I participated - Lost and found (myself?)
    I vote for - 1. Panchali; his/her postlink = Retribution

    ReplyDelete
  10. I participated - Of-Course I'm insane too!
    I vote for - 1. Meenakshi Malhotra; his/her postlink = Rituals or Love
    2. The little princess; his/her postlink = From the diary of a nobody
    3. Tanya Sehgal; his/her postlink = The Lunatic Writer
    4. Chhavi Vatwani; his/her postlink = Insanity or Deepest Desire?
    5. Prasanna Rao; his/her postlink = Love Amid Flames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful to blog-a-ton that I discovered your blog here. Your entry was really cool & touched my heart. Thanks a zillion for the vote :) Take care! Glad you liked my entry :) :)

      Delete
  11. I participated - Insanity or Deepest Desire?
    I vote for - 1. RAJKIRAN RAJKUMAR; his/her postlink = His Idea of Perfect End
    2. Panchali; his/her postlink = Retribution
    3. Shashiprakash Saini; his/her postlink = हां मै दीवाना रहू
    4. Amit - The Frivolous Analyser; his/her postlink = The Imaginary Divide
    5. Megha Haware; his/her postlink = Odyssey

    Also, loved the post by Maliny!! :) Sadly, can vote for only 5. So I chose the 5 that really touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I participated. http://thistimethattime.blogspot.in/2012/12/185-uncertainty.html

    I vote for:
    1. Yatin Khurana: http://deardiaryandblahblah.blogspot.com/2012/12/another-social-network.html
    2. the little princes: http://titli15081977.blogspot.com/2012/12/from-diary-of-nobody.html
    3. Tanaya Nath: http://www.factfiction.in/2012/12/too-late_1.html
    4. Chhavi Vatwani: http://poemsbychhavivatwani.blogspot.in/2012/12/insanity-or-deepest-desire.html
    5. Meenakshi Malhotra: http://beyondwoman.blogspot.in/2012/12/rituals-or-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had internet connectivity problem. So, I am not sure whether you can make an exception and consider my votes.

    ReplyDelete