Sunday, August 2, 2009

Update your Post and get ready to Vote!

Voting has closed. The Blog-a-Tonic of the Month for August, 2009 is Shilpa!

Is Blog-a-Ton 1 over?
No, not yet! I’ll come back to this point later.

First of all, we'll like to welcome four new Blog-a-Tonics
Secondly, three cheers for completing the most important stage of Blog-a-Ton 1, i.e. publishing our posts.
I believe, I wasn’t wrong in asserting in the previous post that most of you are resisting clicking the Publish Post button till 0000 hrs. Till the time, I came online around 0015 hrs, there were already three Blog-a-Tonics who had published their posts. Great going.
Take a look at our blogroll. It’s a delight to see, so many bloggers writing on the same topic on the same day. Arjuna has put it really well in the previous post.
In all 12 Blog-a-Tonics took part in this first edition with one of them coming forward with multiple entries(2) from her different blogs. Kudos!
We hope many more will join in the next time.

The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton are Arjuna, Saimanohar, Dhiman, Vipul Grover, Avdi, Daisy Blue, Sid 'Ravan' Kabe, Shankar, Shilpa Garg, Bharathi, Ranee, Ranee again and Pawan.
Click on their respective names to read their posts on The Cream and Scum of Blogging.
To be part of the next edition of this online marathon, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

Here is the HTML code which you should put in the place of the previous concluding lines on your ‘The Cream and Scum of Blogging’ post. Remove your name from the code before posting.


If Scribd Window gives any problems in opening, you may simply copy the text given above and link the names yourself by copying them from the comments section of the previous post.





Now, coming to the next stage, i.e. VOTING for the best post to choose the Blog-a-Tonic of the Month. Yes, that is something new, we have thought of.
  • Only those Blog-a-Tonics who have participated this time are eligible to vote.
  • You have 60 hours to go through the posts of fellow Blog-a-Tonics and vote for the best one.
  • Voting ends at 2200 hrs on Aug 4, 2009.
  • You cannot vote for your own, of course.
  • Post your vote in the comments section of this post.
  • We have started moderating the comments and won’t display the voting comments till the end of this process to keep the result secret till its conclusion.
  • You might also add the reason, why you voted for a particular post to help others know what you expect as a reader. Moreover, you may also mention the other posts that you liked though you can vote for only the most liked one.

18 comments:

  1. I vote for Vipul..... especially for the first four and last four lines....

    I also liked shilpa's,Bharathi's and ranee's.. they were absolutely good too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of voting b4 I gt influencd by othr votes..

    Two posts I really luvd..
    Daisyblue
    Shilpa

    While shilpa hd d most well researchd nd informative post, daisyblue despite cvring lesser aspects, presntd thm in a unique manner.

    sumhow daisyblue snatched my vote due to this beautiful execution. just luvd her blog devil nd blog angel dialogue.. cheers

    Here i mst also mention saimanohar (whose post was again very informative cvring diffrnt aspects like shilpa) and ranee's second post (which was again unique in its manner of presentation like daisyblue though was vry limitd in its cvrage)

    The best creamy fact i liked was from Sid - You can impress that sweet girl sitting in the next cubicle that you are a writer. now no1 cud beat tht one;)

    The scummy part i most related to was frm bharathi - whenever I converse with someone, I started linking my blog. (Exactly pal, I indeed mentioned this in my blog while writing…. Blah blah)

    On all this whole experience was gr8, must also mention arjuna, pawan, dhiman, avdi nd shankar 4 enriching Blog-a-Ton 1:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Saimanohar, coz its a well researched, pretty informative post on the cream and scum of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ****WARNING : Jumbo Comment So beware *******
    Ok, after reading all the blogs and 'commenting' on each of them I am here to vote..... before voting I must say why commenting I have put under quotes thats because never in my blog life I have commented on so many blogs at a time... because I am not a natural commentor but I must say all these posts have just made(with a capital 'M') me comment....
    That was the quality of "Blog-a-ton 1" amazing reading about 11 posts on same topic yet not feeling bored is a great feat isn't it? .... each had his/her own approach or take.... someone put a well researched post like we may land up in jail for wrong words published, someone wrote a very brief and crisp post yet other brought a pointwise approach , another one spoke of dark circles under eyes!!! how dumb (yeah that's me dears) ...someone wrote with a "BA" & "BD" approach and otherone wrote a very poetic and intellectual way in two blogs and somebody spoke blogs hamper his studies and preparation for civil services exam ....someone spoke of how blogger can win pretty girls .... I mean as I said each piece was unique, funny, witty, innovative(add any similar adjective) in its own way so I am unable to put my finger on any one them ....I am not trying to be "politically correct" or something.... friends I cannot judge and vote 1 and leave out the others its very difficult... actually when I read that I can vote for mine I jumped with joy becuase this is the first time I could vote myself but after going through all the posts I am floored so guys if I am allowed then I abstain from voting I am very sorry ....

    PS: Boss this one looks more like a post than a comment BTW I had warned already don't blame me...
    PPS: Vipul I have a suggestion why don't we put the best of each post into 1 summary post maybe as part of result announcing post....I know it'll be a time taking job but if you want I can chip in with any assistance you require on this front...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I am here to vote now after that jumbo comment !!! My vote is for "DaisyBlue" simply for 'out-of-box' approach that 'BA', 'BD' and yet it was witty & funny as well ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voting is still on??
    Don't we have all the votes as of now??
    I mean, only 12 people have to vote...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh was delaying my vote to see others comment first...well well...no worries...

    My vote goes to the pretty Rose, i.e., Shilpa Garg for the marvelous and serious observation...:D
    A rose is a rose...after all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. and you pretty good bad boy...keeping post moderated huh...great...ingenious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I henceforth vote to Sai Manohar,for his pain staking write up about the topic!

    On second thoughts I liked Daisy Blue's post too! (This would be helpful in case of a tie break!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My vote goes to Shankar !
    For being crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best Blog-A-Tonic's post would be...
    Bharati (A Naked Opinion)
    I liked his simple, frank and honest writing.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://littlelightbulbmoments.blogspot.com/2009/08/cream-and-scum-of-blogging.html

    Anyhow I wish to vote for Ranee. So please help me if i am doing this wrong. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops. sorry Vipul I missed it. Here we go. My vote is to Shilpa (A rose is a rose is a rose). Sorry again for keeping you waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vipul. I would like to add a few on how I voted to Shilpa. My voting was constraied only to this particular post and I purposefully over looked the reputation of the auther that I had in my mind. If I have to vote for the entire blog then certainly my choice may vary.

    I valued the post under two parameters. Is he/she making you to read the entire post and secondly the quality of content. She scored 80/100 with a lot of close finishers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say I hate evaluating blog posts because each one has a specific personality coming from a specific sensibility. Any voting has to be almost completely subjective (except for certain language and grammar issues.)

    I sat and graded each blog against a range of criteria I set out just like I would if I were evaluating JU exam papers.

    However, this is not anything like correcting the exam-papers of my college students--where they have a syllabus that they have been taught that they must show their expertise on!

    That said, since I have to make a decision, as far as I am concerned it is a tie between Shilpa's post and yours. Both of you got 9/10!

    And since I don't feel too cheery about this, I'll skip the "cheers" today.

    Ranee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vipul,
    If I have to go with ONE post, I might as well vote for Shilpa since you are the "host" so to speak.
    If I'm allowed a tie, I would vote for both of you.
    You decide.

    Ranee

    ReplyDelete