Saturday, September 18, 2010

HERE COMES THE BAT 15

DATE FOR BLOG-A-TON 15 : OCTOBER 2, 2010
TOPIC DECLARATION : SEPTEMBER 25, 2010

Hello friends, welcome to yet another edition of Blog-a-Ton. Thanks for all the support you have been showering over the months which has made this event so popular. However, it was a little disheartening to see a sudden drop in the number of participation in the last edition. So, I am hoping that the trend will be reversed this time. Just to give a break to the set pattern, we have some major changes in this edition.

Lets welcome the new Blog-a-Tonics before proceeding further
You all will be blogrolled soon!!!

Please go through the following rules before suggesting or voting
  • We have changed the format ONLY for this BAT.
  • In place of a topic, we will have a common image to write upon.
  • The participants will have to take inspiration from this image and write their posts.
  • Each member can suggest only one image.
  • The image should be inspiring enough so that more and more Blog-a-Tonics can participate.
  • While suggesting provide a direct link to the image.  
  •  
Use  <a href="IMAGE LINK">YOUR NAME</a> for providing the direct link.

  • Moreover, ensure that there are no copyright issues related to the image. You may also provide the source of the image below your suggestion.
  • If you like any suggestion, VOTE for it (by giving the name of the person who has suggested it) rather than giving a new suggestion.
  • In case you have already suggested an image but find some subsequent suggestion better than yours, you are allowed to vote for it. But this can be done only once.
  • Rather than criticising the suggestions made by others, kindly give better suggestions.
  • Give your suggestions and votes in the comments section of this post. 
  • I have the right to discard any suggestion if it is found inappropriate.
  • Do not embolden your comment using HTML bold tag.
  • Please keep these points in mind to make my job easier. 
In case a comment is not posted according to these rules, it will be deleted.

Encourage your fellow bloggers to participate in this edition. You can share this post on your various social networking profiles through the ShareThis widget present at the bottom of this post.

Hoping to receive many inspiring suggestions
 Blog-a-Tonically Yours

36 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion. Lets use both a common topic and common image. As having different topics defeat the the very basic idea behind BAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I like the fact that we are trying to do something new, but I feel the image idea might not work.

    I say this because a common topic such as 'Return' might have 50 different interpretations. However, an image might not have more than 5 interpreations. And if we have 50 bloggers writing for something that cannot be interpreted in more than 5 ways, the posts will look repetitive and monotonous.

    Same kind of stuff will be found across posts, which is not healthy (considering the readership and subsequent voting stats of the last BAT).

    One way around this would be to have an image that has potential to be interpreted in many ways (still, I am sure it can't be interpreted in more than 5-6).

    Coming to the suggestion bit - I suggest the following image, which comes straight from my weird-photo blog:

    Kshitij

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Rumya's image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. let take a pic which has more than 1 perspective, I know of one such picture.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ol0oRp83djk/THStHp65S_I/AAAAAAAAAHc/GCRJJztpk50/s1600/8pics.jpg
    It more to do with festivities but the single lady in the picture also denotes loneliness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been taken in earlier....my blogger profile and friend connect profile got jumbled with the other google one.

    Here I am.

    Http://sourcanvas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go with Rumya's image or maybe we can use one of my son's digital paintings

    Tikuli

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll hopefully participate this time.

    I go with Rumya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is my link.. pls blogroll me
    http://varshas-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i liked rumya's pic suggestion the best so far (lots of scope in there), those by cherry n shruti are cool too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi this is Anirban, and my link is http://anirbansaha.com/blog

    Do blogroll it.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey my blogger friends.. I have written a wonderful blog on Common Wealth Games which is already selected to be published in Hindustan times.. Plz read this and tell wats your view on this -

    http://www.bloggerabhilash.info/2010/09/commonwealth-games-2010-will-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marshal -
    I personally like the old format better. Although there is an increase in participation compared to September, I think we can do it better with old theme (word as "Prompt").

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Vee.. This is just a one time thing.. I havent changed the format :)

    ReplyDelete