Saturday, December 18, 2010

I – A Veteran Blog-a-tonic!



“Dude, you gotta let me know that you have participated in 10 blog-a-tons! How am I supposed to know!” was the ever so busy Marshal’s reply when I pointed out to him, that my entry for BAT 17 would be my 11th BAT entry. So here I am, officially inducted into the elite group of bloggers known as veteran blog-a-tonics. By the way, I must confess, the term ‘veteran’ makes me feel kinda old hehe. I entered the blog world in January 2008 with my first post. But it wasn’t until November 2009, that I became serious about blogging. Till then, my blog was just another blog existing on the web with stuff just a few friends knew about. A month later on December 5th 2009, my journey with this awesome event started, with my first entry All in a Day’s work.

This was the first time I actually saw people commenting on my blog and for the first time, I didn’t have to go pester someone to come and do so hehe. With the appreciations and the constructive criticism, my ambitions had grown. I now wanted to win the contest and be called a blog-a-tonic of the month and three months later, I was there. My entry for Time Travel won by a whisker and made me the blog-a-tonic of the month for March. With a win now in my kitty, the next month I was only looking to participate but as luck would have it, my entry for Fool won again. I was on a high, in fact I was ecstatic.  Two in a row now, the expectations of a hat-trick had grown. Sadly though, I was unable to participate in the next one.

After that there have been six more blog-a-tons I have participated in. Some of the entries were appreciated while some were not. Today as look back and read through my entries over the past 1 year, I know how I have grown as a writer and this wouldn’t have happened without blog-a-ton and the amazing writers that have participated in it with me. Coming to my fellow participants – through Blog-a-ton, I have made some amazing friends, some of whom I have even met in the real world. The meeting I had with the Marshal –Vipul Grover, will always remain a memorable one. This one was followed by my meeting with other blog-a-tonics – Rachana, Leo (Vinay), Nethra, Harsha Cittar and Avada (Ashwini) in Bangalore. I would love to meet the rest of you guys in person too one day.  Thanks for making this such an enriching experience guys.

It’s ironic and heart breaking though, that blog-a-ton would now be taking a break, but I hope it’s back again soon.



Signing off Marshal style,
Blog-a-tonically yours,

1 comment:

  1. http://www.blogaton.com/ Join now
    You are the journalist, Tell the world!

    ReplyDelete