Sunday, July 25, 2010

My BAT XP and VETERAN BATonics!!!



To some it reminds the Dark Knight , to some it reminds Sachin

Tendulkar ; but when you ask the bloggers, BAT reminds them 

the red and blue, three haired winking Marshal   .



Are you are here to decide the topic for BAT 13???
Or simply continue reading My Blog-a-Ton Experience and Meet the Veteran Blog-a-Tonics.


It’s been one whole year, a wonderful one year in this journey of Blog-a-Ton. As a blogger, I have created my own niche in this period while as the Marshal, I have enjoyed the whole process and the appreciation I have received for my initiative.

Did I ever expect BAT to rise to such an extent?

Yes, I always hoped so. That’s why the mission from DAY 1 was to have an edition with 100 participants. It was frustrating when after rising initially, for next six editions the number of participations kept swinging around 40-45 and came crashing down to 35 during BAT 9. It was surprising when in the very next edition, the number touched 60 and within two more editions, it has reached 70. The ultimate mission now seems within reach, thanks to all the bloggers who keep participating month after month, also attracting other fellow bloggers in this process.

Did I ever expect to win BAT?

Yes, I always hoped so. It was very frustrating when despite writing some good posts in the initial editions, I failed to garner desired votes. Competition was always stiff. The quality of entries was always great. It took 10 BATs to win the BATOM badge award and within two more editions, I have two BATOMs under my belt.

However, this has also got me thinking if it is fair for other participants. Should I, being the Marshal, be competing with them for BATOM? With due respect to all those who have voted for me in previous two BATs I participated in, and made me win both of them, I do wonder if  there is any kind of favoritism taking place! It is a tough call for me as BAT has become a way of life for me, not just as a Marshal but also as a Blog-a-Tonic. So, do give your feedback about it!



FELLOW TRAVELERS
THE VETERAN BLOG-A-TONICS

In the last three weeks, four wonderful bloggers have shared their BAT XP with you. These are the four who started this journey with me on August 1, 2010 participating in Blog-a-Ton 1. There were 7 other bloggers too, but only these 4 have stayed and enriched BAT with their wonderful posts month after month.

Click on their respective names to read all their BAT entries


Shilpa Garg
  • 12/12 BATs
  • BATOM 1
Pawan Maruvada
  • 11/12 BATs
  • BATOM 5
  • SILVER BATOM 12


Siddhesh 'Ravan' Kabe
  • 10/12 BATs
  • Designer of BATOM and Veteran BATonic badges
  • Meet Marshal of BAT Pune Meet

Vipul Grover
  • 10/12 BATs
  • BATOM 10
  • GOLD BATOM 12
  • Founder Marshal of BAT


Dhiman Manji
  • 9/12 BATs
  • Future BATOM *fingers crossed*

I’ll like to share my gratitude by inducting them in BATs Hall of Fame, which has been named as  'The List of Veteran Blog-a-Tonics'!!!

Veteran BATonic

So the first five inductees to the List of Veteran Blog-a-Tonics are
Click on their names to read their Blog-a-Ton Experience (BAT XP)!!!

Here is the list of all the 13 entries for Blog-a-Ton 1. The topic was "The Cream and Scum of Blogging".
Arjuna, Saimanohar, Dhiman, Vipul Grover, Avdi, Daisy Blue, Sid 'Ravan' Kabe, Shankar, Shilpa Garg, Bharathi, Ranee[1], Ranee[2] and Pawan.
Shilpa Garg was voted as the First Blog-a-Tonic of the Month.

There are many others who joined in the following editions and have been with BAT ever since. You all will be inducted in the following months after scrutinizing your posts and your performance in BAT.

To be eligible, you must have participated in atleast 10 BAT's.

Once your number of participation reaches 10, just drop me a mail with the links to all your posts (or simply label all your BAT entries and send me that single link).


Hoping to see many more inductees in future
Blog-a-Tonically Yours

3 comments:

  1. Thanks a ton, Vipul!!
    That's such a wonderful gesture. Its an honour!! :))
    Thank you so much!!
    Loads of success to you and BAT!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! got inducted in hall of fame .... Thanks Marshall Sir!.... and *fingers crossed* :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its my pleasure friends.. Keep participating and enriching this event :)

    ReplyDelete